Benton Community Foundation was created to have great impact in our community. Our grant dollars over the years have touched so many families, addressing needs and exploring new opportunities in our community. Along with grants that are awarded each year from our designated funds to specific charities, the Foundation accepts open requests for project that benefit our community.
Grant requests of $2,000 or less-Please apply by the 1st of the month-notification within 45 days
Grant requests of $2,000 or more:
Spring Grant Cycle
Deadline to apply by April 3rd-notification by June 1st
Fall Grant Cycle
Deadline to apply by October 1st-notification by December 1
Step 1: Contact the Community Foundation via email or telephone to discuss your request. Our staff can help you better understand our funding priorities and be sure all of the necessary information is provided in your request. Additionally, you can review our funding guidelines.
Step 2: Complete the appropriate grant request process.
- Requests of $2,000 or less: Submit a letter (1-2 pages) to the Foundation describing your request. Be sure to include:
- Description of the project
- Total cost of the project, amount requested from the Foundation
- Explanation of the desired outcomes, include data and description
- Timeline of the project
- List of other community partners involved in the project
- Letter must be signed by the governing body of the organization (i.e. non-profit board, school board, county council, etc.)
- Requests exceeding $2,000: Complete the grant application and submit, along with required attachments, to the Foundation.
Step 3: Submit your grant request through one of these three ways:
- Hand-deliver to the Foundation Office, located within the Demeter Building at 98 S 100 E, Fowler
- Mail to Benton Community Foundation at PO Box 351, Fowler, IN 47944
- Email the request to email@example.com
Step 4: If approved, recipients are required to submit a final report. The report should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 30 days of the conclusion of the project.
Letters 2 Santa
Santa loves to spread holiday cheer to our local organizations the week before Christmas each year. Community members are invited to write a letter to Santa to nominate their favorite organizations.
2023 Letters 2 Santa will be accepted during November! 2023 Letter 2 Santa Template
2022 Letters 2 Santa Recipients
- Benton Central Business Professionals of America
- Benton County 4-H Junior Leaders
- Fowler United Methodist Church
- Earl Park Fall Festival Foundation
- Sacred Heart Before/After School Program
- Community Action Program
- Benton Community Food & Service Co-op
- Otterbein Rotary Club
- Otterbein United Methodist Church
- Discover Oxford, Inc.
The Cookie Jar
Applications are accepted for projects that (primarily) benefit the health and/or well-being of women or girls in our community. In just 12 years, Cookie Jar Grants totaling over $90,000 have been awarded to provide books for children, after school program for local youth, programs for teen pregnancy, and cancer screenings and assistance to local residents.
Cookie Jar Grant Applications will be accepted again during Fall 2023!
2022 Cookie Jar Grant Application
2022 Cookie Jar Grant Guidelines
2022 Cookie Jar Grant Recipients: Hope Springs, Safe House, Area IV Agency on Aging and Community Action Program, Benton Central Helping Hands Club
Marilyn Fischbach Reading & Writing Grants
Each fall, certified elementary teachers in our community are invited to apply for funding to enhance their classroom. Awarded in memory of beloved educator Marilyn Fischbach, grants can support a variety of expenditures. Past awards have supported professional development, literacy tools, technology, and much more.
Grant requests will be accepted again next September 2023!
2022 Marilyn Fischbach Reading & Writing Grants-Awards $12,255
2022 Grant Awards
- Oak Grove Township Fire Department ($10,000)
- Grant Township Fire Department ($10,000)
- Center Township Fire Department ($10,000)
- Richland Township Fire Department ($10,000)
- Hickory Grove Township Fire Department ($10,000)
- Prairie Preservation Guild/ The Fowler Theatre ($15,000)
- Boy Scouts of America- Day Camp on the Road ($500)
- Otterbein Public Library ($8,500)
- Junior Achievement ($2,100)
- Benton Central’s Engineering Design Development Class ($8,500)
- Benton Central Library Media Center ($8,500)
2021 Grant Awards
- Oxford Lions Club($12,000)
- Letters 2 Santa($10,000)
- Earl Park Fire Dept.($5,000)
- Boy Scouts of America($4,290)
- Super Hero Grants($4,000)
- Servants At Work($2,640)
- Sacred Heart -Junior Achievement($2,100)
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation($1,500)
- Boswell Elementary($1,100)
- Benton Central High School Seniors($1,000)
- Benton Central Athletic Dept.($1,000)
- Benton Central High School Seniors($1,000)