Benton Community Foundation was created to have great impact in our community. Our grant dollars over the years have touched so many families, addressing needs and exploring new opportunities in our community. Along with grants that are awarded each year from our designated funds to specific charities, the Foundation accepts open requests for project that benefit our community.
Grant requests may be submitted at any time throughout the year!
Step 1: Contact the Community Foundation via email or telephone to discuss your request. Our staff can help you better understand our funding priorities and be sure all of the necessary information is provided in your request. Additionally, you can review our funding guidelines.
Step 2: Complete the appropriate grant request process.
- Requests of $1,000 or less: Submit a letter (1-2 pages) to the Foundation describing your request. Be sure to include:
- Description of the project
- Total cost of the project, amount requested from the Foundation
- Explanation of the desired outcomes, include data and description
- Timeline of the project
- List of other community partners involved in the project
- Letter must be signed by the governing body of the organization (i.e. non-profit board, school board, county council, etc.)
- Requests exceeding $1,000: Complete the grant application and submit, along with required attachments, to the Foundation.
Step 3: Submit your grant request through one of these three ways:
- Hand-deliver to the Foundation Office, located within the Demeter Building at 98 S 100 E, Fowler
- Mail to Benton Community Foundation at PO Box 351, Fowler, IN 47944
- Email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: If approved, recipients are required to submit a final report. The report should be emailed to email@example.com, within 30 days of the conclusion of the project.
Letters 2 Santa
Santa loves to spread holiday cheer to our local organizations the week before Christmas each year. Community members are invited to write a letter to Santa to nominate their favorite orgaizations.
2020 Winter Letters 2 Santa Recipients
- Benton Central Band
- Benton Community Food & Service Co-Op
- Benton County Special Olympics
- Boswell Elementary
- Otterbein Elementary
- Otterbein Rotary Club
- Oxford Fire Department
- Oxford Public Library
- Prairie Crossing Elementary
- Sacred Heart Elementary
- Benton/Fountain/Warren Adult Education
The Cookie Jar
Applications are accepted for projects that (primarily) benefit the health and/or well-being of women or girls in our community. In just 10 years, Cookie Jar Grants totaling over $60,000 have been awarded to provide books for children, after school program for local youth, programs for teen pregnancy, and cancer screenings and assistance to local residents.
Marilyn Fischbach Reading & Writing Grants
Each fall, certified elementary teachers in our community are invited to apply for funding to enhance their classroom. Awarded in memory of beloved educator Marilyn Fischbach, grants can support a variety of expenditures. Past awards have supported professional development, literacy tools, technology, and much more. Field trips are not eligible for funding.
2020 Grant Awards
- Earl Park Shelter House($10,000)
- Otterbein Community Center(($10,000)
- Boswell Community Center($10,000)
- Benton Central High School Police Department($7,000)
- Benton Couny Food Pantries and Fire Departments-COVID($5,500)
- Letters 2 Summer Santa($5,000)
- Boswell, Fowler, Otterbein Rotarians-Food Voucher Program($5,000)
- Fowler Rotary -Fowler Theatre($3,000)
- Benton County 4-H Council for COVID supplies ($1,500)
- Benton Central High School Seniors($1,500)
- American Legion Boswell Post($200)
- Junior Achievement($1,500)